Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Things I Did in College Part 1

I went looking for some art in my old files and found some really cool old stuff I haven’t seen in a while. I went to college between 2008-2012, so it’s been about 3 years since college happened…now I feel all adult… weird. And so I thought I would share some things with you.

I modeled for my friends then girlfriend who was a photography major. I only did 3 sets with her, but getting all dressed up and posing made me feel super! Her name is Kaitlin and she resides in Atlanta.







I was given a assignment to do 3 Sins and 3 Virtues. I think I’m a real hipster at heart because I never thought sins and virtues as black and white as they are taught to be. I also didn’t want to make them people or things. So I gave myself the tasks of making them into indescribable things. And even though I remember kicking myself for telling the teacher, and kicking myself even further because I didn’t yet know how hard it would be. I think they came out just the way I imagined them. Perfect in all there imperfections.

Envy and Kindness
To me Envy is just wanting what others have. That can be a good thing like wanting a better job because someone else you know has a better job. But it can also be bad, like wanting someones watch so you steal it. But also envy might not realize it has what it’s always wanted already. Kindness can be sweet and nice, giving and forgiving. But kindness can also be blind, and easily backstabbed. Blindly giving to someone the thing it already has.

Diligence and Sloth
Diligence is just working hard and to stay moving forward, while sloth is the act of pretty much doing nothing. But a business man can be diligent and miss all the experiences of having a family at home. While sloth may not be doing much, but they might catch every detail, they may see everything around them.

Pride and Humility
Pride is beautiful, there is nothing wrong with being beautiful. But being so filled with pride for yourself that you don’t see anything else is a problem. While Humility is kind and caring, it will also help those who do not need it. 

Well that’s part 1 of the Things I did in College. I’m going to keep this a 2 parter, just because I don’t feel that need to share every single project I did. But I hope you enjoyed!


No comments:

Post a Comment