Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Mixed Media Space Painting

One of my friends was interested in space, and I decided I would attempt to try something new. Space, I never really did any space paintings and anything related to space for that matter.

So to start I wanted it to look old, and I like the newspaper look. So I hodge podged some paper done, we always have a bunch of newspaper laying around.



Started with some black paint. I had some old cheap paint laying around. So I used a lot of that to get my shapes. I really didn’t put to much thought into the design.


I started looking at some pictures of earth for references, and did a fair amount of drinking. Because who doesn’t love to drink and paint!


After putting the finishing touches on it and playing around with glow in the dark paint. I finished it. I do like the double boarder and the way I got the clouds to be around the earth. It was a pretty good learning experience. Sadly my friend didn’t like the style so, he didn’t want it. But it was still fun to say the least.


Have you ever tried painting something that you have never painted before? 

No comments:

Post a Comment